The Assistant State Technical Officer (M&E) will work with others in the state office and local implementing partners to ensure that state monitoring and evaluation activities are appropriate and meet the donor and project’s M&E needs.
S/He will enter program data into the FHI 360 data management software for subsequent analysis; identifies and follows up missing data; undertakes basic validation checks, and stores and disseminates data and hardcopy files as appropriate.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Keeps track of received data and source documents.
- Prepares and sorts source documents, and identifies and interprets data to be entered.
- Bring to the knowledge of the State Technical Officer questions that need to be solved such as inconsistencies or missing data by the originators of the source data.
- Assist the State Technical Officer in providing support to sites in the state, including interacting with site Program Managers, M&E focal points, M&E officers of SACA/SASCP, other Implementing Agencies and local research groups on needs and ensuring that these parties understand and can support these requirements.
- Assist in conducting routine monitoring visits to project sites, including the conduct of data quality assessments (DQAs) using official tools, assist in the preparation of monthly reports, and provide supportive supervision.
- Work with the STO to ensure that the quality of program/project activities adheres to SOPs by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of computerized data capture of the program and provide technical assistance and training to the staff at the sites responsible for data entry.
- Work with the STO to document lessons learned and best practices in monitoring and evaluation, according to USAID and PEPFAR guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.