The purpose of the role is to ensure that all customers are given consistent high level of service throughout each show/event.
- Fully responsible for all Theatre hires in terms of : proposals, contracts, logistical and show details, permissions, internal communication, box office sales and duty managing the shows
- Assists the Theatre Manager in developing a full theatre calendar a year ahead
- Works in agreement with the Theatre Manager on Sales Strategies for the upcoming Year ensuring a high occupancy of the Theatre by either organising own shows or renting the Theatre to a Third Party
- Communicates closely with the marketing department any engagement of theatre hires ensuring that Jumeirah Standards are adhered to
- Maintain and develop close and good relationship with main Sponsors together with the Theatre Manager/Director of Events/GM
- Capture Sponsorship agreements to support Jumeirah organised shows
- Work close together with Souk Retail Manager/F&B Departments
- Assisting the Theatre Manager in developing and training all staff of the department
- Ensure that the Madinat Theatre stays in good conditions by keeping a good communication with the relevant departments, such as Housekeeping and Engineering
- Duty Manage Shows
- Control Expenses and work according to Jumeirah Standards
- Be aware of budgeted figures in revenue and expenses and supports the entire department to achieve set goals
- Ensure that all relevant Government Permissions are received on time
- Monitor competitor activities and develop updated competitive analysis
- Work closely together with SWANK in terms of manage technical side of shows
- Maintains and develops close relation ships with regular clients (Theatre hires or visitors)
- Working according to rules and regulations of Dubai Government ensuring that all permissions and approvals are obtained on time
- Maintain a close relation ship with Jumeirah Government Relations Department
- Overlooks Health and Safety aspects for all shows and works closely with Security and Health and Safety Manager
- Understanding of monthly and yearly P&Ls and developing action plans according to the outcome of monthly financial results in terms of sponsorship and theatre hires in close communication with Theatre Manager
To be considered for this role it is essential that you have previously worked in a Theatre or Show enviroment. You should also speak fluent English and have an understanding both the Arabic and Theatre cultures. Candidates who have worked in the hospitality industry, preferably Hotel or Customer Service will be of interest.
The ideal candidate will have very good organisational skills, sales and marketing knowledge, computer skills, especially MS Office, strong negotiation skills, basic financial understanding and able to negotiate sponsorship or entertainment contracts under supervision of the Theatre Manager.
Fluency in a second languagewill be viewed as desirable.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; your own single room accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.