Reporting to: VP Commercial/CCO
Direct Report: AVP Marketing/SM CL & CRM
- The Assistant VP Marketing, CL & CRM will be responsible for providing leadership and management of the Company’s marketing team, conceptualizing and implementing marketing strategy and achieving marketing targets.
- Specific responsibilities include business and market research and planning; Strategic direction for promotion and advertising; Corporate marketing, partner/channel marketing, product marketing, and product management; Coordination with sales and directing the day-to-day activities of marketing staff.
- The VP Marketing will drive the Company’s efforts to position itself as a visionary leader to achieve its revenue goals.
- The VP will be responsible for Arik’s loyalty programs, partnerships and customer relations, strategic marketing plans to increase supplemental revenue.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Define the appropriate marketing organization for the company’s growth.
- Strategic planning including corporate positioning, market and competitive analysis, customer segment selection and penetration plans, and related product positioning.
- Oversee marketing communications including; branding, public relations, advertising, trade shows, seminars and events, collateral materials, market research management, website design and content etc.
- Define and direct marketing programs for demand creation, lead generation and interface with VP Sales for lead tracking and management.
- Work closely with VP Sales to develop and manage channel and partner strategies and programs.
- Oversee product management including market and customer research for market and product requirements.
- Develop and track metrics and success criteria for all marketing programs and activities.
- Develop Arik’s tactical marketing strategy to support the development, testing and execution of marketing campaigns for the loyalty and partnership programs. This includes web promotions, e-mail campaigns, event marketing, inflight promotions, sponsorships, and internet marketing efforts.
- Restructure Arik’s mileage based loyalty program to better align with corporate business model and customer base.
- Develop and optimize Arik’s destination and hotel partnerships including restructuring of distributions channels, contract re-negotiations, marketing and pricing strategy.
- Act as strategic leader and point of contact between Arik staff and all loyalty partners to facilitate discussions and projects between Arik and partners.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's or preferably Master’s degree in Marketing, Branding, Communication studies.
- 8 - 10 years marketing experience in airline/travel industry with 4 years in similar/senior management position.
- Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels.
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing marketing strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives, providing personal leadership through example.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results driven, team oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage marketing activities (PR, corporate identity).
- A result oriented track record in the creation of successful marketing campaigns and promotions that drive consumer response.
- Must have exceptional project management, organizational, analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and brand management activities.
- Knowledge of marketing best practices, promotional marketing tactics, messaging programs, channel management, event planning and web design.
- Ability to work with very limited resources and ensure proper and timely execution.
- Thorough knowledge of innovative marketing techniques to maximize spent and capable problem solver.
- Experience managing ad placement and sponsorships.
- Demonstrated successful experience negotiating with media
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and develop talent, lead, manage and motivate people.
- Experience managing marketing service vendors including print/press, design and tradeshows.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to build strong relationships and lead cross functional teams.
- Professional presence - interacting with external members of the industry.
- Strong creative, strategic, and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Membership in a professional organization a plus.
- The post holder will maintain close relationships with key stakeholders, these include:
- Network Planning
- Global Sales and Distribution
- Ground Operations
- Third party vendors