- To be part of the team managing all the initial requests for legal assistance from the public and the company. To provide general counsel to the company and conduct ad hoc legal research and to contribute more generally to both the casework and policy teams, where extra help is needed.
- To provide general counsel to the company in all dealings with clients
- To send out initial correspondence to individuals who contact us to seek help
- To assist with the profitably management of various legal projects
- To compile information from correspondence from clients, and if necessary from the family/legal team/Foreign Office and other bodies in order to make an informed summary of the individual‘s current case
- To enter and maintain accurate information about cases and contacts in databases and archives
- To present a simplified summary of cases to the casework team at a weekly review meeting, providing specific information on the status and vulnerability of the client
- Drafting responses to everyone who contacts us for help including, with the support of the caseworkers, generic advice and referrals to other organisations and lawyers
- To carry out ad hoc legal research to assist the caseworkers
- Drafting agreement as required for new and existing contacts/clients.
- There will be occasions where the Legal Intern will be required to carry out additional tasks for the policy team, but the nature of these jobs will be dependent on the needs of the policy team at the time.
- Directly involved in the creation and execution of project work plans and revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Developing independent ideas to ensure DCP’s vision is actualised