- Supervise the Country Office (CO) Finance/Accounting staff to ensure that all duties are carried out effectively, including but not limited to monthly payroll, month-end financial close-out, PEPFAR expenditure analysis, payments, shared costs allocations and providing technical financial oversight to the Senior Finance and Administrative Officers (SFAO), MAPS and other FHI 360 Nigeria projects.
- Provide support with problem resolutions on the balance sheet accounts, corporate accounting software and other financial systems problem resolution efforts.
- Provide support with the review and audit of FHI 360 Nigeria and sub-recipients, audit findings/questioned costs and financial close-outs.
- Analyse, develop and monitor accounting/fiscal control procedures, accounting workflow, monitoring cash flows and requests for fund transfers to the CO and State Offices.
- Prepare financial reports for FHI 360 Nigeria, FHI 360 HQ and to monitor donor incremental funding obligations versus project expenditure.
- Initiates, coordinates and implements process improvement in the Finance unit and to ensure adequate financial controls and operational procedures.
- Assist in the identification of appropriate staff development and training requirements for the Finance unit staff.
- Assist FHI 360 Nigeria Program staff in monitoring sub-project budgets in accordance with approved work plan activities and program budget expenditure.
- Prepare adequate written and verbal responses to inquiries and requests for budgetary information.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reports, including financial status of sub-projects account activities, projects expenditure analysis, with accompanying backup documentation and receipts.
- Provide compliance guidance to FHI 360 Nigeria on funder financial regulations and FHI 360 Nigeria accounting policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Manages the operational and strategic functions of thde Finance
- Manages the operational and strategic functions of the Finance unit to ensure compliance and efficiency within the Finance unit.
- Assist in the capacity development of the finance staff on financial policies and procedures, IFRS practices and client relationships.
- Analyses, develops and monitors accounting/fiscal control procedures and program budgets including monitoring cash flows and requesting for fund transfers from FHI/HQ.
- Prepares monthly and annual financial budgets and variance reports, including financial status of sub-projects account activities, with accompanying backup documentation and receipts.
- unit to ensure
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field and a minimum of 8 years relevant experience with at least 5 years in international development programs which include 3-5 years of supervisory experience.
- Possession of CPA, ACA, ICAN, or recognized equivalent is required.
- Expert knowledge of USAID and other donor regulations is required.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.