The success of the OVC project depends largely on accurate, complete and timely reporting of achievements to PEPFAR/USAID. Achievement of set targets is of utmost importance to the OVC project. Hence, the objective of the Associate Director, M&E position is to provide technical leadership aimed at improving the lives of children and families affected by HIV and AIDS. The emphasis of the M&E Associate Director is to be in charge of all programmatic issues dealing with Monitoring and Evaluation for the CUBS Project.
- Lead in the overall design and implementation of the project Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP); Lead the development of appropriate project tools to monitor project progress.
- Facilitate the design of studies and assessment in all areas of project engagement
- Develop internal systems to collect data consistent with key performance targets.
- Document and disseminate successful innovative approaches, sustainable models, evidence-based best practices, and lessons learned for the project.
- Develop specific M&E methodologies in OVC and gender programming,
- Facilitate and lead the capacity building of CSOs and state offices in M&E.
- Engage OVC and children and their families in project cycle of planning, implementing, M&E
- Support the Ministry of Women Affairs at Federal and State levels with implementation of national OVC M&E plans
- Any other deities as assigned by the Chief of Party
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Public health, statistics or related field
- Expertise in OVC program design and implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in working with and leading M&E designs in large donor funded projects
- Experience developing relationships with provincial and district level government officials
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in HIV/AIDS, TB, STI and/or Child Survival/IMCI projects in African countries, preferably Nigeria
- Knowledge and understanding of the pediatric home base care, gender, stigma and discrimination
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to travel extensively