An exciting role for an Associate Director of Human Resources has arisen at Madinat Jumeirah Resort. The main purpose of this position is to assist the Resort Director of Human Resources in developing and delivering the Resort's HR Strategy. Also, to assist the Resort Director of Human Resources in managing day-to-day HR operations and assume the responsibility for the HR Department in the absence of the Resort Director of Human Resources.
Your key duties will include:
- Developing and monitoring short and long-term HR strategies and action plans including UAE National Development strategies.
- Developing and monitoring relevant KPI's to identify trends and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Driving change, influencing transitions, and actively seek and contribute to ideas and solutions for continuous improvement.
- Enhancing HR team's capacity in delivering the strategy.
- Ensuring compliance of all company and regulatory requirements and provide advice to management and colleagues regarding their employment.
- Ensuring effective implementation, administration, communication and compliance of company policies and processes within the Resort.
- Monitoring HR services and strive for higher service standards.
- Adhering to Jumeirah's Guiding Principles and Hallmarks and to promote them to colleagues on a constant basis, always leading by example.
- Communicating in a professional, positive, transparent and courteous manner at all times with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Handling confidential matters/ information with the appropriate level of sensitivity.
- Taking responsibility for own development and education.
- Manage day-to-day HR operations.
- Overseeing the recruitment activities and ensure that the process is conducted in an accurate and timely manner.
- Actively participating in screening and behavioural interviewing of external and internal applicants.
- Engaging with management in all matters concerning HR and provide both HR expertise and business acumen.
- Providing opportunities for colleagues to discuss employment matters, career planning and personal issues with a view to increasing job satisfaction and improving performance.
- Handling all colleague disciplinary incidents and liaise with relevant departments to ensure that proper action is taken and the incident is closed in compliance with company policies and processes
In order to be considered for the role, you must hold a recognised Human Resources qualification from a reputable university preferably with psychometric/ability assessment qualification. You should have 3 to 5 years of progressive professional development in HR for a large operation.
Experience working in the Middle East or the Gulf Region is desirable as well as managing a culturally diverse workforce.
It is essential that you are proficient in MS Office application and fluent in written and verbal English with highly effective communication and influencing skills, showcasing evidence of inspirational leadership with strong business acumen.
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, medical and dental coverage, pension, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.