- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner.
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- The Associate Director, Care & Treatment provides leadership and technical support to the Director, Prevention, Care & Treatment in the area of PMTCT, clinical care/ART and reproductive health.
- S/he coordinates services needed to implement high quality care PMTCT, HIV care and treatment and reproductive health/family planning services (RH/FP).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Director Prevention, Care & Treatment to provide technical leadership and technical support related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, Reproductive Health/Family Planning strategies and approaches at the facility level.
- With the Director Prevention, Care & Treatment and Zonal Senior Technical Officers, coordinate the design and implementation of HIV clinical care/ART, PMTCT, reproductive health/family planning strategies in field-level projects and programs.
- Provide technical assistance in HIV/AIDS clinical management and PMTCT capacity building to field programs.
- Develop guidelines, tools and recommendations related to the implementation, evaluation of clinical management of HIV/AIDS, PMTCT and RH/FP.
- Contribute to development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, RH/FP and apply these lessons to modify existing and improve the design of new programs.
- Represent FHI/Nigeria to donors and government officials on issues of clinical management of HIV/AIDS, PMTCT and RH/FP.
- Remain informed on current programs in the field of clinical management of HIV/AIDS and related development field by reviewing current literature and stay alert to any implication of such experience and research for department activities.
- Provide technical assistance in non-ART clinical care including the management of opportunistic infections (OI) and Palliative care capacity building to field programs.
- Develop concept papers and research papers to improve and or extend existing studies in the management of HIV/AIDS activities.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience with at least 5 years progressive experience working in the health or development field in Nigeria.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in care and treatment for HIV/AIDS especially with ARV program.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is required.
- Proven experience in project development, planning and facilitating technical training.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.