Deloitte East Africa
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across six (6) countries of the region: Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Rwanda and Burundi .
Working with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career in the Kenyan market and other markets as well.
Our Audit team provides clients with professional advice and assurance on their controls and accounting systems all year round. The combination of our specialist skills, industry expertise and on-going investment allows us to anticipate complex business problems for our clients and recommend preventive action. Our computerised audit approach and investment in technology enables us to deliver seamless global accounting and auditing services. Our training and development is consistent with Deloitte Global Firm initiatives.
Deloitte is looking for young graduates to fill the position of Audit Associate based in the Nairobi office. The position holder will undergo training and carry out audit functions with the aim of becoming a qualified Accountant/Auditor. He/She will work under direct supervision and guidance of Audit Seniors and Managers.
Leverage your talent by applying for this exciting opportunity.
As an Associate, you will be a valuable resource in our Audit department in the Nairobi Office, focusing on the following:
- Assist in planning work on assigned segments of the audit;
- Execute detailed audit procedures, including reviewing transactions, documents, records, reports and procedures and conducting audit tests which are sufficient in scope to support professional opinions as to the fair representation of client financial statements;
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements, reports and analytical reviews, as necessary;
- Prepare work papers which record and summarise audit procedures performed and ensure that working papers are filed per approved firm guidelines;
- Assist in developing recommendations for corrective action/improvement;
- Ensure assigned work is completed within agreed time frame and carried out per approved methodologies and standards and within agreed budgets;
- Keep the Manager and Senior updated on any issues arising from the assignment;
- Assist with departmental administration tasks such as filing and updating of client files; and
- Leverage knowledge and contribute to proper knowledge management within the department.
As the ideal team player, you should posses the following attributes:
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Have at least a Second Class Honours degree, Upper Division;
- Have at least a B plus Aggregate score in KCSE ( or its equivalent)
- Have at least a B plus (or equivalent grade) in both Mathematics and English
- Be interested in pursuing a career in Audit and Accounting;
- Demonstrate strong communication, numerical and analytical skills;
- Be willing to work under supervision and learn new skills quickly; and
- Be results oriented and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Prior experience in this kind of work is not a requirement for this position.
- Successful candidates will be required to pursue a professional accounting course, which will be financed by the firm.
- Those already undertaking studies in CPA/ACCA leading to qualification as an accountant will have an added advantage
Compensation package:To the successful candidate, the firm will offer a competitive compensation package which includes an annual bonus based on performance.
Training and Development: Consistent with Deloitte Global Firm initiatives, we offer innovative, market-driven learning programs to develop our people and grow their careers