Reports To: Managing Director
Supervises: Audit Team
- Overseeing internal operating controls, processes and practices.
- Recommending changes and enhancements to existing policies and controls to make sure they are current, adequate, functional and utilized in accordance with standards established by the government and the company.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Planning and performing operational and financial audits
- Identifying business process risks
- Developing testing methodologies to evaluate the adequacy of controls
- Documenting the results of the evaluations
- Formulating professional development and educational plans for junior staff members in the audit unit.
- Planning and allocating resources and individuals in accordance with skills and schedules.
- Supervise, conduct, and report on the testing and adequacy of the internal controls over financial reporting.
- Investigate and determine causes of possible irregularities, and errors.
- Developing recommendations & suggest improvement and reports based on audits and presenting these ideas to senior management.
- Advise top management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors on audit, and internal control matters.
Required Skills and Competencies
- In-depth knowledge of Generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) guidelines and statutory regulations
- Strong background and experience with audit methodologies and techniques
- Prior success conducting external or internal audits
- Ability to build relationships while asking tough questions
- Excellent written and oral communication ability
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Results oriented
- Capable of leading team
- Committed approach to work and commitment to own professional development.
Qualifications and Experience
- A good first Degree in a specialty area such as Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- An second Degree in a relevant course is required
- Membership of relevant professional bodies ACA, ACCA
- Professional certification as a certified public accountant (CPA), certified internal auditor CIA) or certified information systems auditor (CISA).
- Age between 30 - 40 years
- Minimum of 8 years of hands-on accountancy or auditing experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency managing analytically rigorous initiatives.
- Track record in financial management and leadership at a senior staff level
- Proven track record of delivering results in a company of comparable size, scope and complexity.