As an Audit Manager within one of our specialist teams, you will be responsible for risk management to the firm by adhering to the firm's risk management policies and procedures. Your experience will allow you to audit portfolio in an efficient manner, minimising the level of debtors and work in progress in the portfolio and maximising fee opportunities and to assist in identification and conversion of sales opportunities for Audit and other service lines.
• Deliver value to the client by providing knowledge, ideas and solutions for improving the business, assess legal implications.
• Secure and enhance relationships with senior client management.
• Assign team that will meet and exceed the clients' expectations in standards of service and client care.
• Develop and maintain an appropriate external network of business contacts.
• Demonstrate professionalism and competence in all interactions with the client.
• Ensure engagements are executed in accordance with the firm's methodologies and guidance, professional standards, and local legal and regulatory requirements.
• Ensure the technical correctness and presentational standard of all client deliverables
• Approve engagement budgets and agree fees, where appropriate.
• Lead and coordinate the planning and management of assignments in an effective and efficient manner.
• Manage the delivery of other services to designated clients, where appropriate.
• Liaise with other service lines and other audit managers to ensure efficient utilisation of knowledge and resources to deliver services.
• Counsel, coach and mentor staff.
• Appraise staff in a constructive and timely manner and ensure all team members fo the same.
• Manage the execution of the Professional Development Plans of his or her people to build their careers.
• Ensure that the engagement partner is informed about important audit or accounting issues on a timely basis.
• ACA/ CA/ ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) - preferably first time passes
• Degree qualified (2:1 or above is desirable)
• External Audit experience
• Ideally relevant industry experience within RHC (Real Estate, Hospitality and Construction)