- Carry out routine audits and spot checks on stations and departments in line with approved audit plan/calendar.
- Prepare, organize and maintain a well referenced work paper file for every audit engagement which adequately support audit conclusions and recommendations and which adhere to auditing standards.
- Carry out continuous evaluation and determination of the adequacy of internal controls at the stations and departments during audit field work
- Ensure effectiveness of the internal control system of the company by enforcing compliance with policies and procedures as well as applicable laws and regulations
- Perform special reviews and audit of departments, processes and procedures
- Ensure integrity of accounting records and financial reporting
- Ensure Value for Money (VFM) audit (i.e. Economy, Efficiency & Effectiveness), revenue assurance and cost reduction
- Conduct prompt investigation of frauds, complaints, service failures, breaches of policies and regulations as well as other referred cases and ensure that the cases are dispensed within set deadlines
- Ensure that all major risks of the company are identified, assessed and strategies put in place to mitigate them