- Reviews information technology (operating systems, applications, database management systems, LAN/WAN communication concepts, telecommunication systems, and system development processes and Information Security frameworks) to confirm that they are carried out according to developed/standard processes and conform to agreed/standard policies and legislations
- Analyses and assesses information obtained through interviews, observation and review of documentation and presents results in both a written report and oral presentation
- Communicates with and educates process owners on the role of the audit team to ensure cooperation during the audit process
- Maintains all approved communications regarding the audit process
- Interprets the significance of audit findings, concludes on findings and makes practical recommendations to address non-compliance and improve internal control
- Prepares periodic audits reports to document audit scope, procedures, findings and recommendations to key management personnel
- Follows-up on the implementation of approved recommendations proposed in previous audit reports report and measures its impact on operations
- Keeps abreast of industry developments and updates to auditing standards through continuing education and assists in establishing those practices within the organisation
- Assists in conducting special investigations of fraud/malpractices across the organisation
Qualifications and Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or any related discipline.
Professional membership and certification in relevant fields including IT Audit, like CISA, e.t.c.
At least 3-5 years experience auditing marketing processes and techniques preferable in the Energy, Products or Telecommunications sector