- Achieve maximum customer satisfaction while maintaining optimum levels of operational efficiency at minimum cost
- Supervise both the fleet and drivers and ensure all staff have the ability to perform their roles to the required company standard.
- Total control and accountability of the remote sites under the incumbent's supervision.
- Follow, understand and strictly implement to your team our Customer SLA without compromising efficiency or incurring additional cost. Ensure monthly KPI targets are consistently achieved.
- Exceeding targets and suggesting initiatives to improve productivity and efficiency will assist in exceeding expectations in this objective. Control manpower costs through strict utilization of overtime and ensure Trip and CC Allowance payments are analyzed before submission.
- Overall accountability for teams, distributing manpower as and when required to fulfil customer requirements, including Feeder Sites.
- Keep accurate records of driver performance and submit to Operations Manager on a monthly basis.
- Criteria should include damage, team work, QC compliance and initiatives taken by team members (to assist in identifying candidates for Value Awards).
- Non-conformances actions to be taken and escalation to Operations Manager
- Monitor fleet running costs and fuel consumption. Identify areas requiring improvement; develop plans to rectify shortfalls and implement accordingly.
- Review casual labour requirements daily to ensure sufficient labour to achieve all KPIs within target. Implement action plans to reduce reliance on sub-contractors.
- Conduct on-site inspections of yard, fleet and facilities, demonstrating a keen eye for detail and implementation of Kaizen 5S principles.
- Support the in-house IT division with systems development to achieve operational excellence. Report, feedback and present suggestions for system improvements with an analytical and process-driven approach.
• Must have at least 2 years' experience within a similar supervisory role specifically in Transport Planning & Warehousing
• Must be adept in report generation
• Must be excellent in MS Office skills required
• Must have the ability to successfully control a team.
• Must be an excellent communicator at all levels.
• Must have logical thinking and planning ability.
• Must be results orientated, with decision making and problem solving abilities.
• Candidate with class 3 driving license preferred