Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all of our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
Pathfinder seeks an Adolescent and Youth Sexual Reproductive Health (AYSRH) Advisor for the USAID Integrated Health Program in Nigeria. This program is intended to contribute to state-level reductions in under-five mortality and maternal mortality, and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and/or private) to sustainably support quality primary health care services:
The AYSRH Advisor will work across technical areas to help build capacity to implement strategic AYSRH interventions and activities in line with project objectives. In addition s/he will support Pathfinder’s visibility as a technical leader in AYSRH through participation in technical consultations and meetings, development of presentations and publications, and contributions to technical dialogues. S/he will also contribute to Pathfinder’s learning around AYSRH, including fostering cross-country learning, conducting analysis of activities, and contributing to technical documentation.
- Provides technical assistance in the planning, implementation, and monitoring of AYSRH activities on the project.
- Provides capacity building in AYSRH to Pathfinder staff and local partners including Federal, State and Local Governments.
- Provides oversight and quality assurance with regard to AYSRH strategies and materials (including supporting development and use of AYSRH quality standards)
- Develops/updates/adapts and/or reviews and/or disseminates AYSRH materials and technical tools and curricula.
- Conducts or coordinates a variety of AYSRH trainings.
- Conducts or coordinates assessments of AYSRH services.
- Ensures research results and best practices related to AYSRH are incorporated into practice and into the project.
- Adopts and disseminates guidelines, standards of practice, protocols and other tools to improve quality AYSRH services
- Participates on both country support and technical teams and task forces
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with counterparts in other agencies (e.g., USAID, international NGOs, and other service delivery projects/organizations).
- Participates in listserves or meetings related to AYSRH, and disseminates technical updates, best practices, and lessons learned to HQ staff and country office.
- Supports AYSRH advocacy activities in country.
- Works with partner organizations (both government and NGO) and other stakeholders, to design and implement evidence-informed strategies.
- Works with Pathfinder staff to identify new opportunities for Pathfinder to develop innovative approaches in AYSRH programming
- Masters of Public Health or other related degree
- Minimum of five years related public health/sexual and reproductive health or international development-related work experience
- Demonstrated technical expertise in AYSRH
- Knowledge of sexual and reproductive health and rights, contraception and HIV and AIDS issues, programs and projects
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of Pathfinder International
- Strategic thinker with ability to write clearly and express complex concepts
- Experience working in a developing country, preferably Nigeria
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with an emphasis on being thorough, detail-oriented, with ability to multi-task and work under tight time-lines
- Ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as design and layout programs.