Executes scheduled flights in the most cost effective and safe manner in accordance with the company’s standard and aviation regulations.
- Plans and conduct flights in accordance with the air navigation order, NCARs and Aero Operations manual.
- Ensure the on time arrival and departure of the aircraft.
- Ensure that all pre- flight checks and procedures prescribed in the Operations manual are completed in time for a scheduled departure.
- Ensure passengers receive safety information on board
- Accountable for the safety and security of aircraft during the period of command
- Responsible for the expeditious and cost effective operation of the flight and welfare of the passenger and crew.
- Encourage Cabin crew and Ground staff Optimum performance and feedback observations.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Safety consciousness
- Team spirit
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Air Law
- Knowledge and understanding of the rationale behind marketing decisions to effectively encourage customers to fly with Aero
- Use good judgment in decision making, while taking into account the cost and commercial implications and also alert the company on more effective ways of operating.
- Alert the company to any commercial opportunity encountered and receives feedback on the decision reached.
- Less than 500hrs total time, preferably with Type rating on Boeing 737 Classics (300/400/500).
METHOD OF APPLICATION: Should your skills and capabilities match the above job profile, please enter your data into the attached excel sheet and send as an attachment