- Represent the company in all operational matters in respect to Port Harcourt base.
- Overall responsibility for the safe and efficient operation within the sphere of authority granted.
- Stimulate supervise, direct, and evaluate the performance of key operational personnel within the organization; protect the companies best interest at all times.
- Manage and optimize the functions of the base in support of all Nigeria operations.
- Participate in budget preparation to insure understanding of required levels of activity.
- Control cost of base functions by frequent cost analysis. Determine means of improving efficiency and reducing costs where possible.
- Initiate controls to ensure efficient application of base assets and personnel to operational requirements.
- Ensure sure that spares and consumables usage is kept under reasonable control without affecting the efficiency of the operations or the quality of the maintenance.
- To lead through effective safety leadership by being personal responsible for administration and Implementation of the QHSEMS as per BMS.
- To ensure a safe working environment without harm to persons or environment.
- To address QHSE issues at the time of their identification. and ensure timely and accurate communication of events to line management.
- Ensure that Client and company's commitment to safety reaches all levels of the operation.
- Ensure compliance with company QHSE policies by all personnel.
- Carry out work assignments to the highest quality level in accordance with policies, roles and responsibilities.
- Promotes Radar System and ensure it is well followed by the crews.
- Ensure Waste Management Plan is adhered to.
- Assure that base assets and functions are adequate to meet the needs of operations.
- Support operations through effective utilization of workshop and support functions.
- Manage and oversee the utilization of resources across the zone, equipment and personnel, to minimize NPT.
- Oversees and directs logistics and assignments.
- Promote and market other WFT products in line with the One Weatherford vision.
- Maintain regular contact with operations staff by personally visiting rigs / yards.
- To take responsibility for overall staff to ensure a motivated disciplined and productive workforce, especially to be a good listener and reserve time to give feedback.
- Appraise each direct report annually on a constant rolling feedback basis. Drive appraisal process throughout the unit to formalize performance management.
- To agree and monitor key safety, financial, business process improvement and personal objectives for each direct report.
- To encourage personal development for succession planning through the organization in liaison with relevant managers.
- Provide supervision to all personnel to ensure a safe and professional level of performance and ensure that the team stays current with changes in industry technology.
- Ensure that training programs are maintained in line with training matrix organization for all support personnel.
- Recommend competency based promotions, salary changes, transfers, disciplinary measures where identified.
- Encourage and support employees for personal development to take over of responsibility for their tasks.
- Take immediate action on performance improvement issues and live a direct response culture (positive and negative) to the employee, secure a prompt feedback.
- Organize zone operations by delegating authority and responsibility to the proper level of supervision.
- Promote and be in favor to the Nationalization where possible and applicable.
- Business Planning / Continuous Improvement / Organization Efficiency:
- Ensure all work is performed within the requirements and guidance of the company BMS process.
- Must ensure adequate logistic of the company personnel, material and equipment and anticipate/correct any problem.
- Agrees with Management, initiate and monitor all major maintenance and repair work in collaboration with Maintenance Department.
- Must ensure fast and detailed reporting in writing of any problems occurring on the operation.
- Maintain contact with competition in zone to monitor business activities and performance levels.
- Creates and modify any procedure if deemed necessary with use of Deviation from Policy procedure and/or in corporation with support function and final Head office approval.
- To instigate, drive and take ultimate responsibility for continuous improvement initiatives to ensure that the internal process within the organization meet business needs.
- Supporting, promoting and actively participating in the Company’s CAP (Competency Assurance Program) process.
Customer / Public Relations:
- Develop and maintain effective customer relationships.
- Has to keep good communications with the client representatives and make sure misunderstanding or bad communication does not develop within the workforce.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the time-frame specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfill these.