The Base Manager is responsible for the productivity of the project sites in Bayelsa Region, leading the base staff to perform their respective daily activities and to ensure processes are followed under his general supervision. The base manager works closely with the Project Managers, Operations, Contracts, Finance, Procurement and HR/Admin department and sections especially the stores, logistics, wood work shop, mechanical workshop, transport, iron Bending and welding section.
Summary of essential job functions
• Manage day-to-day operations of the base
• Co-ordination of the work activities of all sectional and departments.
• Present Monthly Progressive Cost and Production report section by section (Cost versus Production)
• Establish that staff are at all required locations, at the correct times.
• Ensuring the safety of all base personnel which includes the full knowledge and understanding of all HSES policies
• Safeguarding company Health & Safety standards and assets at all times
• Ensure that all staffing and training issues are dealt with and passed onto the appropriate department.
• To make sure that all breaches in standards, discipline and procedures are reported immediately, in detail and rectified.
• Ensuring all work is done to company set standards and timescales.
• Present monthly reports
• Ensure the base functions are in accordance with the project priorities, liaising with the various sections when necessary.
• Liaise with the operation manager and planning team to timely schedule and execute all works related to the project.
• Ensure resources for departments/sections (manpower and equipment) are appropriate to the delegated tasks issued and closely monitor and control progress
• Conduct weekly/monthly meetings as necessary.
· Bachelor’s degree and general background in Construction Management
· General HSE training
· A valid driving license and general equipment and machinery knowledge
· Good leadership and management skills within a wide range of people and cultures
Disclaimer- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.