We are currently seeking a talented Beverage Manager to assist the EAM - Food & Beverage in supervising and coordinating all aspects of the Beverage operation. The main purpose of this position is to plan, organize, direct and manage all activities within the bars, achieving maximum guest satisfaction by providing the high standard of beverage quality, presentation and service required by Jumeirah International.
The main duties for the role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Assist in the preparation of the department budget.
- Ensure that the bars operational budget is in line and costs are strictly controlled, maximizing profitability.
- To develop all beverage menus within the resort.
- Train all bar attendants to MJ standards.
- Ensure consistency within all beverages operations of the resort.
- Propose new beverage initiatives and the marketing of the same.
- Formulate and continually upgrade a departmental operations manual detailing standards of performance, policies & procedures and service standards pertinent to the efficient operation of the bars in accordance with Jumeirah International's policy.
- To ensure guests' needs and guests' expectations are met by providing an efficient and professional service.
- Create and implement a beverage operation and service audit.
- Carefully maintains selection, order and tracking of all resort wide beverage orders.
- Constantly strives to develop and increase Sales in order to increase profitability.
- To conduct regular meetings and briefings to keep employees informed of new products, standards, policies and procedures, special events.
- Ensure proper requisitioning and controlling of supplies.
The successful candidate is likely to have the following qualifications, education & experience:
- Graduate calibre with a Degree or Diploma in Hotel Management.
- Minimum of 5 years senior management experience in a large Food & Beverage department of a luxury deluxe hotel.
- Experience in Beverage driven department for at least 5 years.
- Sommelier qualification is a plus
- High level of written and verbal Business English, fluency in other language desirable.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook is essential
- Experience with financial budgeting is desirable.