To provide an administrative service to the Firm for billing purposes. This will involve liaison with Partners, Fee Earners and Secretaries. The holder is primarily responsible for coordinating all billing for the IP Department and will be required to assist the Billing Manager with his duties.
- To maintain a portfolio of Work in Progress in order to ensure timely Billing and effective management of matters;
- To submit Work in Progress reports to the Partners when required;
- To produce billing guides, invoices, credit notes and other related reports from CMS and Crystal reporting as required by the Partners/Fee Earners to ensure Partners timely monthly billing;
- To prepare client invoices in accordance with instructions from Partners/Fee Earners;
- To ensure that invoicing meets all statutory / legislative requirements;
- To follow-up on timesheets to ensure that Partners/Fee Earners keep them up to date;
- Proven Billing Coordinator experience essential;
- Previous working knowledge of CMS/Elite preferred;
- Good knowledge of Excel and working knowledge of other MS packages;
- Familiar with SRA guidelines and VAT compliance
- Good communication skills;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Proven ability to use own initiative and a proactive attitude;
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy in work produced;
- Team player and flexible.