Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Job description of a biology teachers:
The job description for a Biology teacher includes the job's purpose, main responsibilities, required skills, education and training.
The main purpose of a biology teacher is to teach children the fundamental concepts of biology and help them understand this discipline. Apart from specific teaching activities, biology teachers are also responsible for establishing an encouraging environment for the academic and personal development of the students.
- To teach the decided curriculum
- Take lectures
- Perform lab experiments and other scientific investigations
- Maintain file records of the students
- Evaluate and grade students on various parameters
- Provide necessary support to meet student's instructional needs
- Be an active member in all the activities related to the subject
- Organize contests and field trips
- Organize parent teacher meetings
- Make sure that student development and achievement is permanent and appropriate for age group, subject area, and/or program classification
- Provide motivating learning experience to biology students
- Conduct research activities in the field by reading current literature, conducting surveys, and participating in professional conferences and other events.
Qualification and Requirements:
Education and training
A minimum of Bachelor's Degree in biology or science with previous teaching experience is also very important and considered a plus point.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Interpersonal and presentation competences;
- Teaching skills
- Highly organized and good planning skill
- Efficient in time management
- Patience and reliable
- Able to evaluate student's performance, behavior and social development
- Responsible and attentive
- Dynamic and enthusiastic
- Problem solving capacity
- Willing to assist and support students.
All interested applicant should forward their cv and day time mobile phone munber(s) to email@example.com