- The Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is a five-year PEPFAR program to provide high quality HIV/AIDS services, and to build the capacity of the public and private sectors in Nigeria in order to provide these services in a sustainable manner.
- The SIDHAS project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- The Biostatistician, under the supervision of the Associate Director, Monitoring and Evaluation collaborates with other staff of the department in the design, analysis and publication of program and patient-level data.
- S/He also provides overall statistical support, data processing, study design and data analysis services to the department.
Essential Job Functions
- Conducts continuous analysis of program data and provides feedback to the various departments on the results of data analysis.
- For assigned analysis tasks, provides statistically sound methodological design and data analysis plans to meet international standards.
- Reviews all project protocols, authors’ protocol statistical analysis sections and generates study randomization where applicable.
- Develops data analysis plans, provides data displays and supports surveillance activities
- Coordinates and supports data collection, processing and analysis
- Responsible for ensuring the statistical validity and epidemiological applicability of the studies by solving problems occurring in the data collection process
- Recommends and carries out effective statistical methodology and strategies necessary for the completion of the creation, completion and analysis of evaluation projects.
- Develops sampling methods, determines sample sizes and defines samples of populations to be studied for the relevant analysis or evaluation project
- Uses a wide variety of statistical procedures including but not limited to categorical data analysis, exploratory and graphical methods, analysis of variance, correlation analysis, multiple linear regression, time series analysis, logistic regression, survival analysis, spatial analysis, and non-parametric methods.
- Authors the results sections of assigned abstracts and peer-review publication submissions.
- Contributes as statistical reviewer for other scientific manuscripts produced by other staff in the organization.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in biostatistics
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA in Statistics with 5-7 years relevant working experience
- Or Health Professional with post graduate qualifications in Biostatistics or medical statistics with 3-5 years working experience.
- Candidates with proven experience in bio-and medical statistics and skills in the key statistical software packages, preferably STATA will be considered.
- Experience working with local partners, including NGOs and CBOs and knowledge of the local context is essential.
- Familiarity with USAID programs preferred.