No. 2015-099 Date: December 17, 2015 Ref: A56064, A56065
Subject: BODYGUARD– (2 POSITIONS)
Location: ABUJA – REGIONAL SECURITY OFFICE (RSO)
Applicability: ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION TITLE: Bodyguard (2 Positions), FSN-06/FP-8*
OPENING DATE: December 17, 2015
CLOSING DATE: December 31, 2015
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 48 hours/week
SALARY: OR – Ordinarily Resident–N4,309,549 p.a.
(Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-06
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR - Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM - US$36,353
EFM/MOH – US$31,301 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-08*
NOTE: ALL NOT ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION. A U.S. CITIZEN EFM DOES NOT HAVE TO BE RESIDING IN COUNTRY TO BE CONSIDERED, BUT THE SPONSORING OFFICER UNDER CHIEF OF MISSION (COM) AUTHORITY DOES HAVE TO BE ASSIGNED OFFICIALLY TO POST.
The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidate for the positions of Bodyguard (2 Positions) in Regional Security Office in Abuja (RSO).
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The Bodyguards are responsible for providing a safe and secure environment for the conduct of foreign policy. They are responsible for protecting Chief of Mission (COM) personnel and official visitors from physical harm and embarrassment.
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Completion of Secondary School Education is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years prior work experience in providing close protection services or protective driving services is required.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking /Reading/Writing in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) of one other local language is required.
- Must be familiar with the Nigeria driving laws, local customs, cultural norms, as well as all regulations pertaining to motor vehicle operations.
- Must possess defensive driving skills; operate fully armored and non-armored vehicles.
- Must be able to maintain situation awareness and conduct counter-surveillance to enhance post’s off-compound security posture.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for U.S. Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS - 174; plus.
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD - 214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that directly addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e - mail) submissions to one entry/e - mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.