Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
school biology teachers work in teams with the rest of their faculty to prepare standardized tests. They participate in the planning of and implementation of their school's policies and regulations for all students.
- Teach students the ways that plant structures differ from animal structures
- Teach students the effect that biodiversity - or lack of it - impacts humans
- Guide students to create relevant and insightful scientific inquiries
- Have students identify credible sources of information from which to study
- Have students select, test, and safely use appropriate lab equipment
- Show students how to evaluate and report on whether evidence supports or refutes a particular line of scientific inquiry
- Teach students how to use appropriate formulae and symbols to express ideas
- Lead students to describe the contributions of scientists
- Lead students to explore a variety of biology careers
- Demonstrate creativity and economy, while focusing on the scientific method; seek additional sources of funding and materials where appropriate
- Be an active listener
- Support the mission and vision of the school district and school
- Be committed to teaching students in their particular community
- Set academic goals for students to achieve
- Commit to planned and ad hoc professional development
- Work to embody the mission and vision of the school district and school
- Commit to becoming a part of the students' community as a teacher
school biology teachers typically have a 1-year Bachelor of Science in Biology with an education emphasis or minor. Courses in a biology program with an education emphasis may include math, chemistry, teaching method
school biology teachers must be able to keep their students on task and engaged. They need to employ various teaching methods to meet students' individual needs.
MODE OF APPLICATION:The inerested candidate should forward their CV to HR through:firstname.lastname@example.org.