- Manages the operation of a store unit, including purchasing of supplies and books, special orders, receiving and shipping, and return of overstocked or defective merchandise.
- Supervises personnel which typically includes recommendations for hiring, firing, performance evaluation, training, work allocation, and problem resolution.
- Oversees and coordinates the payment of invoices and freight bills on blanket purchase orders, small purchase orders, and check requests.
- Prepares and administers the bookstore budget; recommends, implements, and administers operating policies and procedures.
- Works with faculty and vendors to acquire and assure availability of new/used texts and class supplies for students.
- Oversees maintenance of stock, displays, signs, and inventory; manages year-end inventory.
- Develops and implements systems and processes to establish and maintain records for the operating unit.
- Represents the organization at various community and/or business meetings, committees, and task forces; promotes existing and new programs and/or policies.
- May oversee or manage the operation of auxiliary services such as vending machines or student service areas.