- This role is responsible for operating the box office selling movie tickets to guests. You are also to field questions about content, provide directions to the theatre, answer the phone, inform guests about prices/policies.
The successful candidate’s specific functions include:
- Handling and managing payment properly.
- Effective stock management
- Take stock before and after sales.
- Adequate product knowledge
- Handling and maintaining equipment used in products production, such as popcorn, hotdog etc.
- Display excellent customer service
- Make certain guest service is friendly, helpful and fast
- Ensure the security of all box office cash and tickets
- Complete ticket purchase transactions by:
- Greeting each guest and identifying tickets requested
- Reading a computer screen, operating a keyboard or dispensing manual tickets
- Completing a credit card or Movie Watcher Rewards transaction or collecting cash and making accurate change
- Thanking the guest.
- Keep box office clean and well organized and update box office signage
- Distribute and understand how to operate movie equipment
- Enforce ratings to keep underage guests from accessing auditoriums with adult content
- Perform daily box office maintenance duties and complete various reports as needed
- Answer questions from guests and resolve any concerns
- Good Listening Skills
- Good People Skills
- Good influencing and problem solving skills
- Works independently as well as in a team environment
- Self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Possesses good analytical, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Possess excellent public relations and communication skills;
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail in a high volume sales environment
- Proficient guest service, administrative and follow-up skills
- Comfortable communication and cooperation with guests, supervisors, peers, subordinates, vendors or partners
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with guests in high-volume setting
- Good verbal communication skills as well as math and cash handling skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines under minimal supervision