The job holder would be responsible for the day to day management of a large branch in a mature and high traffic neighborhood. He/she will ensure very high standards of service delivery, as well as the profitability of the branch by engaging a variety of tools and products.
Operational Risk Management and Control
• Ensure, through the Operations Manager, Personal Financial Consultant, Relationship Manager, and the Sales teams the proper control and efficiency of the Branch.
• Will supervise work delegated to all Branch staff.
• Must be alert to unusual items, unbalanced positions, irregularities and long outstanding transactions.
• Ensure good operating security measures in the branch.
• Limited responsibility for branch Compliance Risk Monitoring.
• Responsible for undertaking the business monitoring and testing, and reporting findings, exceptions and results from such monitoring and testing activities
• Ensure, through the Branch Operations Manager, reconciliation of all branch suspense accounts.
ORMA- Responsible Person
• To undertake periodic self-assessment on key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls.
• Assist in coordinating, facilitating and promoting understanding of operational risk and in implementation and management of OR within the Unit.
To perform the following key responsibilities:
1. To report Unit’s OR issues to UORM
2. To adhere to the agreed KCSA plans and approach
3. To identify and report all exceptions on non compliance with standard controls
4. To identify and report all weaknesses inherent in the standard controls
5. To maintain proper record keeping on all KCSA related activities.
6. To maintain independence in the conduct of KCSA, i.e. not selecting and reviewing sample of self-performed transactions.
SECURITY AND SAFETY
• Responsible for the safety and security of the banks assets and property at the branch.
• Ensure all drills are conducted in line with procedure and prescribed frequency.
• Ensure all staff and new staff go through security training, undertake SAFE and ensure security awareness.
• Submit quarterly scorecard and advise on lesson learnt.
Anti Money Laundering and KYC Process and Controls.
• To be the branch’s Chief Compliance Officer.
• To act as the branch’s Money Laundering Prevention Officer (MLPO)
• Supervise the Personal Financial Consultant, Relationship Officers and Managers to ensure compliance with:
1. Guidelines and Procedures on “Know Your Customer” for Account Opening and Guidelines and Procedures on Cross Border Account Opening Referral issued by Group Business and operations risk.
2. Controls and Procedures on “Know Your Customer and Customer Due Diligence introduced to address money laundering prevention and compliance risk.
3. “Guidelines for the submission of Suspicious Transaction Reports” issued by Head Legal & Compliance/Country Money Laundering Prevention Officer.
4. Prompt completion of L1, L2, and L3 reviews as per local/ group policy.
5. Prompt and accurate completion of all risk reports (CRM, KCSA, KCS, KRI and others that will be required, and ensure self and staff achieve required proficiency/ competency, in all mandatory risk training courses.
• Remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank efforts in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to: Identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicions to customers. Ensure your staff are trained in combating money laundering
• Accountability for SQ measures and performance.
• Maintaining good appearance of branch facilities and staff.
• Track service performance regularly and rectify any deficiency.
• Attend to and resolve customer’s complaints and feedback promptly.
• Ensure strict compliance with corporate branding and visual standards.
Human Resources Management & Training.
• Improve staff quality and develop their potentials.
• Convey Targets and objectives set by top management to all staff and direct resources towards achievement of these targets and objectives.
• Provide job rotation and OJT opportunities to enhance staff skills.
• Carry out staff competency model (personal development planning) and performance appraisal to encourage good performance and highlight areas for development.
• Communicate Bank and CB strategy and tactics.
• Provide efficient operational support to all business units.
• Provide high quality financial services.
• Provide account maintenance and support.
Characterstic Major Activities
• Weekly sales activities.
• Oversee customer account maintenance/transaction activities.
• Routine managerial duties (review operational deficiency/premises issues/performance appraisal and training/operational and cost control
• Resolve escalated customer queries and complaints.
• Improve staff productivity/service quality.
• Sign all Level 3 accounts
• Sign off on all deferrals
• Does KCS on at least 5 of all accounts opened for the month to ensure Quality control.
• Provide leadership and team building.
• Effective cost control and theefficient management of all cost lines.
• BSc (Hons) with a minimum of a Second Class Lower.
• MBA or other Postgraduate degree would be an added advantage.
• Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multi task and handle high complexities
• Strong supervisory skills and must be able to motivate the team towards achieving set goals
• Team player and the ability to see the big picture and manage priorities in a large branch.
• Ability to manage diverse stake holders and still deliver on expected outcomes.
In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.