- Responsible for achieving the branch targets for major items (i.e. commercial vehicle & construction equipment) and after sales (i.e. service, tyres & spare parts). Also to manage human resources in the branch.
- The purpose of a branch manager is to develop and maintain branch business to their full potential and to ensure profitability by setting and achieving/exceeding targets.
- Increase branch profitability by achieving / exceeding monthly targets for Major items/Spare Parts and Service
- Coordinate the branch activities and establish individual targets within branch objectives
- Ensure that all quality and operational standards are maintained at the company’s expectations and implement new procedures, according to requirements
- Develop market for new business lines - Major items and others
- Develop rapport with key corporate customers, financiers and government agencies
- Track arid measure performance culture of staff
- Build team at the branch level for achieving the Organizational goals
- Manage sales, after sales (workshops), spare parts and act as human resources manager at the branch
- Submit monthly updated activity status report to the Head of Sales for discussion and for the preparation of action plan and RRI’s (Rapid Results Initiatives)
Qualification and Key Competencies
- HND/B.Eng. in Mechanical Engineering or related degree with an MBA
- Minimum of 10 years strong Engineering experience (Specialization in Commercial Vehicles will be preferred)
- Problem solving skill and team spirit.
- Product knowledge & skills to handle technical problems, warranty issues.
- Ability to assess customer needs and determine what products or services would best serve their interest
- Ability to guide & train others.
- Good communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Package.