1. This role corresponds and inter-faces with external stakeholders and media to keep them informed of the church’s events and developments in various areas for example CSR, discuss church structure changes in a way that attempts to maintain a positive image of the church.
2. Vet all articles and write-ups prior to publishing, during specific church outings/events and when specific events are taking place.
3. The role will plan church communication activity at the beginning of every month to cover both traditional and online social media activity including advertisements, blogging, newpaper publishing, social media, influencers etc, and have this signed off by the ITCommitte and Pastorate prior to execution and project manage execution. The role will report on the outcome monthly also.
4. The role will take responsibility for the activities of all social and physical media staff in the City of David and ensure adequate supervision and guidance towards success.
1. Accuracy, timeliness and effectiveness of all publications and online communcations.
2. Create a thriving online community that is fully integrated with COD’s activities & content.
3. Manage traditional media, and the press to harmonize content and protect brand.
Strong interpersonal and public relations skills.
Strong pedigree and brand ambassador. (Does this mean that the person must be a good Christian?) Yes it does.
Good organizational and problem-solving skills.