Type of Job: Employee
Reports to: Head of Marketing, Spirits and RTD Diageo Brands Nigeria
- We are the world's leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys and Guinness.
- The vision for Smirnoff is to be the number 1 brand for 18 -24 year old globally in release. Your responsibility will be building the brand in the pivotal stages of development and ensuring it is a sustainable, high volume growth business.
We are looking for someone who;
- Knows and loves the brands. Able to influence and inspire diverse groups of people to listen to and act.
- Holds self and others accountable for the highest standards. Drives change, works hard, and ruthlessly prioritize whilst taking care to build great relationships.
- Treats the business as if it is truly their own - passionate about leaving a legacy to be worthy of that of our founders
Role and Accountabilities
- To take a lead role in the design and implementation of Brand strategies in order to achieve targeted profit, market share and volume objectives on the brand/category
- Accountable for delivery of the annual operating plan for the brand
- Develop and seamlessly execute the annual brand plans ensuring plans are grounded on deep market and consumer insight and are in-line with Diageo global standards.
- Deliver brand strategy & advertising communication founded upon a deep understanding of the consumer to achieve agreed brand health targets.
- To deliver robust Measurement and Evaluation for all projects and effectively use search and spin.
- Consistently deliver great performance - You are committed to drive positive change in business performance. You are results driven and stop at nothing to ensure you deliver high quality results consistently.
- You have a positive outlook, channel your energy into finding opportunities and solutions even in times of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Find Solutions - With a deep understanding of the business, you are able to use imagination when finding solutions and perusing breakthrough opportunities for the brand/ portfolio.
- You think in the future, anticipating trends and opportunities but have pace in your ability to translate ideas into scalable, actionable plans that drive change.
- Grow Yourself - committed to the development of self and others
- Strategic penetration -Uses analytical skill to quickly identify the key issues and optimal growth drivers. Ensures insights are always at the heart of the plan.
- Motivating cross functional teams and agencies -Constantly strives to build great productive relationships by breaking down barriers to performance
- Marketing judgement-balances instinct with rational logic to evaluate creative work and is increasingly using technical expertise to just a creative idea.
- Commerciality - Demonstrates complete understanding of budgeting, pricing and cost management and bottom line. Fully understands sales team priorities and understands and tracks performance. .
- Brilliant Execution - Can manage multiple projects and works to aggressive time scales within budget. Manages project complexity and insists on high implementation standards.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Degree in Marketing / Business or other related discipline.
- Proven and strong Brand and Trade marketing experience (3-4 years)
- Developing level capability on all Marketing Functional capabilities as identified in the capabilities above.
- Can demonstrate excellent Commercial judgment & acumen.
- Is experienced at managing key stakeholders nationally & internationally.
- Strong experience of BTL & Experiential strategy development and implementation working with 3rd party agencies.
- Budget & cost control management.