- Handling varieties of building and repair jobs, such as repair of walls, floors, partitions and other structures with brick, precast masonry panels, concrete block and masonry materials.
- Mix mortar or grout and spread it onto a slab or foundation.
- Lay bricks, blocks or stones according to plans.
- Read blueprints or drawings to calculate materials needed.
- Construct corners with a corner pole or by building a corner pyramid.
- Ensure that a structure is perfectly vertical and horizontal, using a plumb bob and level.
- Clean and polish surfaces with hand or power tools.
- Layout patterns or foundations using a straightedge
- Break or cut bricks, stones or blocks to their size.
- Clean excess mortar with trowels and other hand tools.
Educational Qualification & Experience
- City & Guild, NABTEB, OND.
- 5 years working experience in the field.