SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Bridge Program Academic Advisor is charged with the responsibility of assessing student needs, goals, interests and prior academic experiences in order to guide students in the design and implementation of a successful academic plan. The position will play a key role in the implementation of the bridge program by providing the needed liaison between faculty, courses and the students enrolled in the program. The incumbent shall monitor and evaluate student’s academic performance with a view to developing the much needed academic excellence consistent with the development philosophy of the American University of Nigeria.
• A Bachelors’ degree in a related field from a recognized tertiary institution with a minimum of three (3) years experience (PGDM preferred) working with college students or young adults in an academic or career services counseling capacity.
• Sound understanding of academic advising and student development theory, and success in working collaboratively with faculty, administrators, and students
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
• Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, administrators and other staff members
• Ability to make balanced judgments and decisions
• Ability to work well with individuals from diverse backgrounds
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Attentive listening skills.