Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
A broadcast engineer works with hardware and broadcast systems that are used across television, radio and new media. They make sure that programmes are broadcast on time and to the highest level of quality. As well as operating and maintaining the systems, they also carry out updates and repairs.
Broadcast engineers work in a variety of locations and situations. They may carry out studio or set work or post-production operations. They could also be involved in outside broadcasts, where sound and images are relayed live back to a studio or straight to the network.
They work with a range of people including producers, studio managers, presenters and other technical staff.
- maintaining specialist equipment for video production, broadcast and satellite transmission and interactive media;
- setting up and monitoring audiovisual links between units in different locations;
- installing and testing new facilities and equipment;
- setting up and operating editing facilities in post-production suites;
- analysing and repairing technical faults on equipment and systems;
- minimising loss of service when equipment fails by quickly identifying and implementing alternative methods of service provision;
- setting up and operating equipment and transmission links during outside broadcasts;
- designing and installing custom audiovisual circuits;
- designing and manufacturing hardware and systems;
- developing and using awareness of best practice in health and safety for the workplace;
- interpreting and implementing instructions and requests from producers, directors and other colleagues;
Interested applicants should have a minimum of OND/NCE in relevant fields. Any higher qualification with working experience will serve as an added advantage..
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should forward their updated CVs to HR through this email: firstname.lastname@example.org or send your Name, Location, Qualification to this 08159283609.
Note: This job offer is mainly for Lagos residents.