Think innovation. Think Sky. Sky Broadcast Services ensures a world class entertainment experience is delivered for our customers, whether they are at home, online or on the move. This directorate is responsible for the support and evolution of the technology that underpins production and distribution of the fabulous content available through Sky.
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced Broadcast Engineer (Production Support) to join our Broadcast Centre Support team working within the Broadcast Engineering department. This key business area brings all platform design activity under a single key focus group – it is a core systems design function covering all technologies for Sky platforms.
Providing 24/7 re-active support to the systems and services on site at Sky in studios, post production and News areas, the Broadcast Engineer will ensure all issues are resolved, logged and reported to high standards. Providing technical advice, guidance and expertise on Sky systems to internal user groups and project staff, you will conduct in-depth root cause analysis and fault finding at the earliest possible opportunity. Completing a full handover at the end of each shift your excellent communication skills will keep internal clients and line management up to date with ongoing work. A natural spokesperson, you will required to represent the department at daily Broadcast stakeholder incident meetings.
To prosper in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrable track record of working within a digital television broadcast environment in a Broadcast Engineer role.
- An in-depth understanding of a broadcast television transmission and production/post production infrastructure.
- An understanding of modern transmission and post production systems, including camera and studio systems.
- Thorough knowledge of operating broadcast test and measurement equipment.
- Strong overall understanding of IT and Networking.
- The ability to learn and apply new skills quickly and effectively in a pressurised live broadcast environment
- Strong client facing, communication and team working skills.
- HNC (or equivalent) in IT / Broadcast / Engineering qualification
This is a full time position where you work variable shift patterns as part of a 24x7x365 shift team (day / night shifts).