Assists the Operations Support Head in its day-to-day operation of support unit with focus on accuracy, integrity and timely submission of regulatory, client and management reports and as required in the Group Policy and Local Regulators.
1. Ensure receipt of trade/files copy of client instructions together with supporting documents form settlement staff needed for registration with BSP
2. Investigate source of funds for receipts vs. payment transaction
3. Processing of BSRD applications
4. Preparation and dispatch of tracers of brokers and banks
5. Updates trade files; photocopies necessary documents; copies prepared BSRD reports and tracers from clients and counterparties and files accordingly
6. Receive BSRD documents from counterparties
7. Follows-up additional supporting documents from Settlements staff who will co-ordinate with relevant counterparties
8. Reply to queries from counterparties and clients.
9. Responsible for resolving inquiries of BSP with regards to the reports submitted for post audit.
10. Investigates and reports pending registration of settled trades.
11. Submits original copies of NIL balance BSRDs for cancellation to BSP.
12. Submits FPIMS (Foreign Portfolio Monitoring System) reports to BSP.
13. Updates and saves prime reports in BSRD common drive (drive:s)
14. Ensures Bank Certification/Earmarking/Audit Confirmation requests are delivered within the agreed turnaround time
15. Ensures timely preparation of monthly billing invoices to clients
16. Escalates to Line Manager any long outstanding item and or exceptions in the billing process.
17. Ensures all activities defined in the Critical Task Checklist approved by the Unit Head are completed and any exception is escalated on a timely manner.
18. Performs backup/relief functions as defined in Operations Support Backup/Relief Plan.
19. Participates in projects assigned and initiatives designed to improve the quality of systems and operations
20. Ensures that practices within the unit comply with risk and compliance procedures and processes, local statutes and regulatory requirements.
21. Extends direct support in achieving satisfactory or higher audit rating from external, internal auditors and regulatory bodies.
22. Adheres to Securities Services & Trust Policies and Procedures.
23. Ensures compliance with all internal policies and regulatory requirements.
24. Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
25. Responsible for reporting breaches to their immediate supervisors or compliance officers if they cannot, by circumstance, report the breach to their immediate supervisor.
26. Participates, contributes and assists in the following activities: enhancement of existing procedures relating to manual and automated working environment; implementation of improved ways initiated by the unit; bank wide projects such as norms and values formation, community development, charity work etc., planning sessions to achieve overall efficiency and direction for the entire department.
27. Plan and direct training for immediate reports to ensure operational efficiency, to assist them in their career paths and open opportunities.
28. Instil discipline in the place of work and boost morale of the staff to maximize their productivity.
29. Performs other duties as may be directed from time to time which will not compromise segregation of duties.
A good academic background with a four year College Degree.
Have a fair knowledge of the operations, local rules and regulations governing foreign exchange.
Have the ability to work efficiently in a high pressure environment due to tight deadlines and increasing trades.
Have an analytical mind and exercise mature judgement
Possess good oral and written communication skills.