- To organize the financial budget, monitor financial operations and reconcile financial accounts managed by the assigned division
- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation, business model innovation etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by partnering with MTNN’s Partners to improve their processes which in turn will improve the efficiency of MTNN’s operations.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement in recognized professional institutions, participating in think-tank activities etc.
- Sustain the right organisational culture and behaviors by demonstrating the vital behaviours every time.
- Monitor the progress of projects in relation to budgets and plans and investigate project expenses and variances, as well as produce periodic reports on project financials.
- Provide administrative support in respect of Bids for projects, preparing bid invitation and preparing briefs for Board/Committee/Statutory meetings.
- Facilitate the maintenance of effective financial controls in the division, ensuring effective maintenance of the MTNN budgetary controls.
- Coordinate the division’s financial accruals, ensuring accuracy and completeness, saving accurate record of all Opex transactions on the ERP system.
- Prepare financial reports to support management decision making.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
Experience & Training
- First degree in any relevant discipline
- Fluent in English
- A professional accounting qualification (ACA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience with working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in budget forecasting, management accounting/ financial reporting within a FMCG environment.
- Basic knowledge and appreciation of Finance and Internal Control systems.
- Financial and Management Accounting.
- Budgeting and cash management.
- ERP training (Preferably IFS).
BA, BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech or HND