Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Under general supervision, manages cashiering, student financial services, and centralized accounts receivable systems for the university. Manages and coordinates activities of workers engaged in keeping complete books of tuition fees and other receipts for the institution.
- Advising on general financial policy within the school.
- Preparing annual estimates of income and expenditure to include the preparation of departmental budgets within the school, the latter in consultation with the head or senior academic staff.
- Monitoring income and expenditure in relation to budget and presenting regular management reports to the governing body.
- Keeping the accounts of the school and preparing Statements of Financial Activity (SOFA) and balance sheets in accordance with the charities Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP).
- Maintaining cash flow projections for the current and future years.
- Advising on investments in consultation with the school's brokers or investment managers.
- Preparing pupils' bills and collecting all fees and extras.
- Payment of all salaries and wages, including PAYE, Superannuation and National Insurance Contributions and compliance with regulations for benefits in kind.
- Administering pension schemes for teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Scrutinising and passing for payment all invoices received in the school.
- Organising special appeals for capital projects or endowment funds.
- Keeping analyses of costs and other statistical records.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations, and university financial policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of accounting and accounts receivable principles, methodology, and practices.
- Knowledge of cashiering and cash management principles, systems, procedures, and standards.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart information to a range of clientele and/or media sources.
- Ability to write reports containing technical information.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to plan and evaluate programs.
- Ability to identify and secure alternative funding/revenue sources.
- Knowledge of software to quantify and illustrate complex financial reports, comparisons, impacts, and/or projections.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community.
- Ability to plan, organize, implement, and administer complex recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of university and/or public auditing policies, standards, and procedures.
- Knowledge of faculty and/or staff hiring procedures.
MODE OF APPLICATION:The interets ed candidate should forward their CV to HR through:email@example.com.