Under the direction of SVP Commercial and Regional Manager Commercial, you will systematically collate and analyse the quantitative and qualitative drivers impacting regional commercial performance. Analysing available data through the various internal systems and along with market intelligence summarise and provide recommendations to assist management to confidently plan actions to optimise revenue and yield. Drill into channel and segment performance to guide relevant stakeholders on any trends and/or target deviations, recommending corrective measures where appropriate. Represent commercial operations at internal meetings and external agency, CIP, trade and industry meetings, as required.
- Graduate preferably in a Business or Commerce discipline.
- 6+ yrs in an airline industry, related to commercial operations in a Marketing or a Business Analysis environment with experience in compilation and analysis of relevant commercial data.
- Must possess broad understanding of customer behaviour and market trends and also be able to gauge market dynamics and proactively propose tactical initiatives based on factual information in a timely manner.
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to produce and analyse reports of a high quality.
- Understanding of customer & market segments, and their specific requirements.
- Ability to recommend revenue enhancement measures using sales tool, such as Skywards and corporate deals.
- Ability to multi-task and work across various departments with strict deadlines is critical.
- Good working knowledge of all internal commercial systems is essential.
- Ability to negotiate and influence key stakeholders across the business is a key requirement.
Desirable Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Local market knowledge of Europe together with field sales experience would be advantageous.