- The role of the Business Analyst will involve liaising with the business, stakeholders, gathering requirements, producing functional specs, liaising with the technical teams through the full life cycle and conducting workshops.
- The BA will be working with stakeholders across businesses to define what they need and take responsibility for ensuring that applications fulfil the business requirements.
- The BA must have ability to translate business requirements, making the complex simple and switching between big picture thinking to absolute detail is a key facet of this role.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources and clearly distinguish user’s requests against business needs.
- A natural facilitator who is comfortable using the whiteboard over Word as the main tool for collaboration and requirements gathering.
- Act as the link between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the Project Management team through which requirements flow.
- You will provide the link between the customer, any third party and PMO team regarding functionality and requirement definition to facilitate the initiation of a project.
- Strong analytical and product management skills (how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Be responsible for Requirement Workshops and documenting the functional and non functional requirements.
- Ability to effectively document user requirements, and define work scope.
- Business Case creation and Benefits tracking.
- A very good listener.
- Excellent communicator and able to communicate at all levels.
- Very strong business skills and understanding of the business domain.
- A very good understanding of Functional and Non Functional Requirements.
- Develops innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems.