A Business Continuity Advisory senior consultant is responsible for delivering Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and Resilience work on client engagements to schedule, budget and quality, meeting client expectations and contractual commitments.
• Perform Business Continuity engagements across industry sectors and the Business Continuity life cycle, including BIA, risk assessment, BCP development, BC/DR test and exercise delivery, IT DR design and so on
• Successfully contribute to BC/DR and other advisory engagements to agreed schedule, budget and scope
• Satisfy the relevant engagement management processes, e.g. progress reporting, deliverables production, QA, timesheets, expenses, seeking and offering feedback, record-keeping and so on
• Work within defined EY and client governance processes
• Ensures that quality standards are met as prescribed by the client and EY internal QA
• Meet EY’s independence requirements
• Follows engagement approach, method and tools adopted by the engagement team
• Understands engagement scope and approach and own role and responsibilities within the engagement team
• Analytical and reporting skills needed to assimilate information gathered, determine findings supported by evidence and distil these findings into valuable insights that underpin clearly communicated concise conclusions and associated recommendations
• Constructive analysis, feedback and quality assurance review of peers’ deliverables, deciding whether ready for partner review prior to sending to the client
• Identify opportunities to provide additional client value through further services, both in Business Continuity and in other areas where EY has a strong capability and make appropriate colleague introductions
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• Experience of service delivery and of managing Business and IT Continuity projects or engagements with personal accountability for meeting management’s requirements.
• Knowledge of management consulting methodology, tools and techniques (includes interviewing for information, issue-based consulting, report writing, project planning, scope management, cost management)
• Proficiency and use of industry-standard Business Continuity methods, tools and techniques e.g. BCI Good Practice Guide, ISO 22301, BIA
• Strong team working skills, ideally demonstrated across matrixed client, supplier and geographically dispersed virtual teams
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
• Understanding of IT processes and organization as embodied in ITIL together with experience of IT DR and resilience architecture is highly desirable
• Auditing, risk management and information security experience is beneficial
• As a senior consultant you are expected to act independently to deliver engagements where you are the sole delivery resource to schedule, budget and scope; also capable of working effectively as part of a larger engagement team and supporting the overall engagement manager in achievement of objectives.
• Coaches, mentors and supports less experienced staff
• Works with internal stakeholders to manage Partnership risk
• National travel will be required, international a possibility.
• Capable of meeting UK Government security requirements to a minimum level of SC
• Experience in Business Continuity across a range of areas, which should include BIA, risk assessment, BCP, IT DR testing, exercising and testing
• Consulting experience is desirable
• A degree and/or equivalent work experience
• Certified or Member-grade of membership of the Business Continuity Institute or equivalent is highly desirable