Responsibilities & Functions
The business developer manager researches new business opportunities, identifies likely sales points, develops strategic plans and sales strategies, and undertakes presentations to and negotiations with prospective clients. The business developer manager uses such techniques as assessment of marketing opportunity and target market, intelligence gathering on customers and competitors, generating leads for possible sales, follow-up sales activity, formal proposal writing and business model design.
· Instrumental in development of products/services to market to potential clients.
· Identify, develop leads, and instrumental in closing sales with potential clients.
· Conduct extensive market research regarding our business and continue gathering information throughout the life of the business.
· Prepare a detailed business plan so we do not lose sight of our goals and objectives.
· Develop a situation analysis of the company including its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to assist in the development of a strategic plan.
· Investigate the economic conditions of the business such as industry trends and competition.
· Instrumental in securing sufficient financial resources for future development and projects.
· Networking with other businesspeople, attend workshops, seminars to keep up-to-date on changes in the industry.
· Performance of some financial risk management and advisory services.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in network development, strategic planning, and market analysis.
- Must possess Masters in Business or related fields
- Minimum of five (5) years sales and sales management experience.
- Experience with African and emerging markets.
- Influencing and negotiation skills to work with all internal and external parties in evaluating and completing deals.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and ability to communicate to all levels in an organization.
- Time management, planning and organizational skills.
- Interpretation of market conditions and future market trends.
- Understanding of risk management analysis and assessment.
- Communicate effectively, both written and oral, with internal and external customers.