The Business Development & Marketing Manager (BDMM) is responsible for building, growing and managing the Business Development function within The Bridge Clinic. The responsibility of the Business Development & Marketing Manager is to develop the chosen markets of The Bridge Clinic, drive and coordinate sales within these markets and develop long term client relationships. It is a fast paced role in a change-oriented environment. This position is entrepreneurial in nature requiring strong leadership, management, business and analytical skills. The BDMM has the responsibility for growing the business within the markets The Bridge Clinic operates. As the primary vehicle for generating new business, the BDMM has the responsibility for increasing growth and profitability. The BDMM also has the responsibility to define, create, implement and develop strategic alliances.
He/she is also responsible for strategic marketing management initiatives such as customer and competitor analysis, promoting and delivering service value and obtaining and sustaining the clinic’s competitive advantage.
- Contribute to the company strategy and direction;
- Continuous strategic insight into the healthcare markets and future trends;
- Jointly (with executive management team) define vision for the Business Development & Marketing function;
- Define and develop the Business Development strategy for the business area, using the strategy from as the foundation;
- Define and develop implementation plan for Business Development strategies (putting strategy into operation);
- Assist with defining the overall value proposition of the company, including the relevant service offerings (all services as a total system) and their respective value propositions.
- Define account development strategy for the company;
- Define channel strategy for the company;
- Define and maintain strategic and managed account plans;
- Select and engage strategic delivery partners (resellers and system integrators); and
- Select and engage strategic software partners;
- Assist & contribute to the overall company budgeting process;
- Assist with the definition of overall Business Development (including the chosen channel) targets and related account targets;
- Deliver against budgets
o Business Development targets;
o Operational income and expenses;
o Capital expenditure;
- Report on agreed Business Development pipeline (across all markets the company operates);
- Responsible for short term market penetration and sales to support company cash flow requirements.
- Responsible for all Business Development activities within the chosen markets of .
- Drive, manage and support the overall Business Development function within the company;
- Proactively define and develop the Business Development channel;
- Proactively identify and engage with strategic selling opportunities;
- Assist with and play an active role in the entire Business Development, Marketing and sales processes:-
- Strategic account selection and targeting;
- Identify and define issues / opportunities;
- Build sustainable client relationships;
- Create value propositions to address issues;
- Develop and manage the account management method;
- Continuously expand client relationships.
- Support the bid and risk management processes;
- Drive and assist with the creation of case studies as the projects complete;
- Identify and facilitate establishment of reference sites in each of the key regions
- Drive and assist with the development of “Point-of-views”;
- Drive and contribute to PR and other publications;
- Arrange for senior individuals to speak at conferences on related subject matters
- Contribute to brand development;
- Responsible for the strategic planning and implementation of the marketing strategy of the clinic’s services to the right market whether B2B or B2C.
- Drive and ensure that all deliverables produced in all areas of the company (including internal documentation) comply to the company CI guidelines;
- Leverage (design & maintain) the corporate website to position Infocare and its products positively within the selected markets/industries as well as a source of product information.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the healthcare management systems industry and the key players within (competition);
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the healthcare sector and the issues and opportunities within the sector;
- Define, create and maintain the Business Development intranet, including the underlying content stores;
- Ensure that all client opportunities and related account plans are kept up-to-date on central company repository;
- Contribute to the refinement of the competency model and also the performance management model;
- Implement internal processes for this business area;
- Develop and continuously refine the Business Development , account management and bid and risk management methods; and
- Operational management of the Business Development functions within the company. Amongst others: -
- Account plans;
- Twice monthly Business Development meeting;
- Ensure that the CRM base, including the opportunity registry are kept up-to-date;
- Performance against quarterly targets; and
- Drive, coach and support others lead roles with BD functions;
- Drive, manage and track the performance management process within this division;
- Establish the coaching structure for this group (and maintain);
- Manage and deliver all client commitments at our customer base to their satisfaction; and
- Manage own sales targets.
- University Degree in the Sciences or Social Sciences
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Marketing or Health Management would be desirable
- 5-7 years related experience
- Previous experience in Business Development & Marketing within the Health sector
- Proven ability to acquire and build a strong client base within new markets, planning and penetrating each account to the fullest extent
- Enthusiastic and driven personality with the intellectual know-how to act as a valuable business partner to the [Company] client base.