As a Business Development Consultant, you will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities for Irish engineering and electronics companies to achieve sales and growth within the UK. As the UK champion of Irish engineering and electronics capabilities, you will help Irish companies realise their medium and long term potential for growth through exports into the UK, and support them to meet this goal.
Developing a key network and building strong relationships with targeted UK companies, you will identify new sales opportunities for your customers. Working alongside regional sector teams, you will advise customers on the best way to develop and communicate their capabilities within the UK to achieve sustainable growth.
You will be given the scope and freedom to devise and implement a wide range of services and programmes to support the sales and market development activities of Irish engineering and electronics companies.
Your other duties will include:
- Introducing business advisors and coaches to client companies in order to speed up their market entry.
- Building robust, scalable business plans suitable for market conditions within the UK
- Promoting the UK market to client companies
- Educating client companies on the ways and means of succeeding within the UK
- At least five years' experience as a business development manager, gained within the engineering sector
- Experience of sales and marketing with strong consulting skills
- A proven track record of implementing business development strategies in companies
- The ability to assess and challenge business plans for SMEs to help them grow their business
- The capacity to rapidly assimilate the key drives in business sub-sectors and niches
As a Business Development Consultant, you must be a strong communicator, a shrewd networker and possess superb relationship-building abilities. Self-motivated and ambitious, you must also have the ability to work on your own initiative and manage projects effectively.
An existing business network of relevant senior level contacts would be beneficial to your application. Around two years' experience of working in the UK electronics sector would also be advantageous.