The Defence, Security & Communications group in Atkins Middle East has grown to be highly effective through its ability to focus on attractive markets with both high growth potential, and with high value consultancy service offerings. As a result of work secured in this market to date, together with notable emerging prospects across the region spanning the communications spectrum, there is now a need to provide permanent senior leadership of the Middle East Communications team based in the Middle East, to develop and grow market revenues and the pipeline of opportunities. We now seek to recruit a Business Development Director to be based out of our Dubai office.
DAC UK continues to invest in pursuing overseas communications opportunities in the Middle East market as part of its long term strategy. As a result of work secured in this market in 2011-12, together with notable emerging prospects across the region spanning communications spectrum, there is now a need to provide specific, additional senior leadership of the Middle East Communications Team to develop and grow market share.
• To assume responsibility for the achievement of the communications consultancy revenue and sales target in the Middle East and for growing the business profitably. The services sold by the Business Development Director will be delivered through the UK organisation and where possible, using local capabilities.
• To maintain a watching brief on all business secured to ensure that delivery teams are maintaining a high standard of customer care and that revenues streams are maintained and protected.
• To maintain the high level of profitability of the DS&C business through careful opportunity analysis and pursuit and the production of world class bids, working closely with the UK and Middle East delivery teams across varied market segments, to leverage our client relationships.
• To ensure a strong, seamless relationship with the UK Communications community harnessing their resources, skills and experience where it is prudent and mutually beneficial to do so, and growing Middle East capabilities when such skills are unavailable or in short supply.
• To generate new relationships with large carrier networks in the region that have the scale and rationale to contract with Atkins, and to grow the Atkins relationship from communications consultancy to other capability areas. To grow the pipeline of communications opportunities and to work closely with the UK business to maximise the use of existing staff.
• To build close personal relationships with senior clients, with supply chain partners in the region and to leverage those relationships to the advantage of Atkins and to deliver a compelling customer satisfaction story.
• To provide accurate and realistic sales pipeline management, forecasting and reporting to senior management, using the in-house Microsoft Dynamics CRM system. To work closely with the teams preparing bids and where necessary provide bid leadership to ensure compelling offers are prepared and submitted.
• To create the environment for the ICT team, setting their targets and objectives and providing the support they require developing internal business and external business in particular.
• To lead, motivate and manage a Middle East based National Communications Network Consultant, setting their targets and objectives and providing the support they require to grow the pipeline of business.
• A proven and successful track record in business development in an engineering market, where consultancy services are at the core of the business. This will ideally be complemented by experience of winning significant new consulting engagements, building a strong pipeline of revenue and exceeding business development targets.
• Experience of providing design, strategic, technical and commercial advice to government departments and industry on national communications networks and a sound understanding of GCC public sector working practices, ideally in the telecommunications sector.
• Commercially focused, creative, confident, self-driven and inventive, able to originate complex commercial solutions, yet patient and tenacious as required.
• Sensitive and appreciative of culture and the challenges of working with clients in the Middle East, the candidate will have the ability to listen and to communicate complex commercial solutions confidently yet sensitively with customers, colleagues and board members with equal skill.
• The candidate should be educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally in an engineering discipline.