Job ID: 509387
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Function: Retail Banking
Full/Part Time: Part time
Onboard NTB Priority Clients:
- Onboard NTB potential clients with multiple product needs (e.g. Wealth Management, Wealth Management OD, Mortgage)
- Engage NTB clients via leads sourced from sources like agency, alliances and owners of our Supplier & Buyer ecosystem
- Ensures that the applications meet the required standard.
- Ensure the anomalies / errors / omissions are attended to before submitting the application to BOO Centre/Credit for further review / processing.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
A.) Business Development:
1.) Prepare & set up (remote):
- Receive leads from leads management system - NTB from Alliances, Agency or Priority Centre
- Conduct research and preparation on client lead and prepare Bank’s proposition
- Prepare all documents (digital) required for account opening and pre-fill forms where possible
2.) Sources of Leads:
- Owners of CC and BC companies and top management staff of C&IC Companies
- Paid referrals
3.) Call/meet, deep sell (in person):
- Call or meet in person
- Listen and determine further needs
- Communicate the proposition
- Acquire clients with anchor products
- Set up KYC needs with KYC centre
- Educate and conduct initial set up for online, ATMs, Client Centre, and Branch
4.) NTB: On-board, Activate and pass on (remote):
- On-board, activate as per the 100 day plan
- Prepare and pass on Client into interacting with the Bank via Online, Client Centre and Branch
- Ask for referrals
5.) Policies and Guidelines:
- To be familiar and comply with all relevant Group policies and local regulations in relation to all products.
- Ensure that all anti-money laundering / Know Your Customer (KYC) and Customer Due Diligence (CDD) guidelines are adhered to.
B.) Anti Money Laundering / KYC / CDD:
Remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s effort in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to:
- Identifying your customer,
- Knowing your customer,
- Reporting suspicions,
- Safeguarding records and
- Not disclosing suspicions to customers.
C.) Group Compliance Performance Objectives:
- Adherence to laws and regulations, internal risks and compliance policies and Group Code of Conduct
- Completion of all mandatory risk and compliance training including e-learning within stated timeframes.
- Proactive identification of risks and concerns, including escalation to all relevant stakeholders
- Timely mitigation of risks and resolution of issues including collaboration with all relevant stakeholder functions, and establishment of effective controls.
- To participate and contribute to the upcoming projects of the Department to ensure timely and smooth implementation
Key Relationships (Internal & External)
- Senior Relationship Managers, RMs and peers in Retail Clients
- Senior Managers, SBIM, BOMs and BOOs of all levels in the Business Units.
- Wealth Management team
- Group Internal Audit
- The overall success of Retail Banking Nigeria.
Qualifications and Skills
Know How and Experience:
- Min of 2 years experience in Sales/acquisition/new business
- Good working knowledge of the Bank’s operating system
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Good working knowledge of the Bank's products and services.
- Strong analytical skills & Product broadening
- Understanding of Wealth Management and Retail products
- Enhanced multi-product knowledge
- Market and competition knowledge
- Client engagement
- Presentation and soft skills tailored to engaging
- High Value clients
- Closing deals
- Communication skills
- Negotiation and objection handling
- Understanding of Priority KYC/CDD principles.