ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within Energy and Oil & Gas industry to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Plan approaches and pitches that yield results.
- Work with team to develop proposals that appeals to the client’s needs and objectives.
- Attend conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Present new services and enhance existing relationships.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Ensure that Business information required for marketing and creation of awareness are regularly updated on company website
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other management system.
- Forecast targets and ensure they are met by the team.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other clients.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance
- Identify, develop and promote new business opportunities.
Bachelor’s degree / HND in Petroleum Engineering or Social Sciences.
- Microsoft Office package.
- Knowledge of the Energy sector and its current events.
- Presenting and communicating information
- Persuading and influencing
- Planning and organizing
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectation
- Coping with pressures and setbacks
- Creative and Innovative
- Deciding and initiating action
- Working with people
- Relating and networking
- Possess drive, tenacity and enthusiasm.
Minimum of 1 – 3 years of relevant work experience. Oil and gas industry experience is desirable.