Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa isthe best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The purpose of this role is to manage all aspects of the relationship between Visa and designated clients with a focus on business growth and client satisfaction. Manage the setting, direction and implementation of country & business strategies, objectives and plans within designated clients in order to achieve business targets through growing the existing business and through identifying new business opportunities including the introduction and implementation of new products; services & innovation.
- Manage the development of strategic account plans for the designated clients within the West African region, by integrating and setting priorities based on the client strategy & market insights.
- Contribute to the development of the West African business development strategy
- Ensure country and/or client account plans are aligned to country/client objectives and market trends.
- Develop sales plans based on the identified sales objectives for designated clients, with corresponding tactics and actions to achieve defined goals.
- Ensure that the necessary Marketing plans are in place in good time and have sufficient justification for the required spend.
- Monitor the development of the banking and financial services industry across the region, analyse trends and understand factors impacting current and potential business results of Visa. Monitor, analyse and develop/respond to competitors strategies.
- Accountable for achieving business targets through growing designated country business revenues PV/MV/CIF, and developing new business opportunities. Monitor business results of the individual countries and client banks and anticipate challenges and take proactive measures to accomplish country targets.
Business Development and Relationship Management
- Establish, develop and manage the relationship between Visa and designated countries, clients' and industry representatives.
- Establish, develop and manage relationships in-country with Vendors, Processors and Domestic Switches where necessary to engage more strategically with designated clients.
- Develop sales strategies and tactics in order to manage sales process and achieve volume and sales revenue targets
- Responsible for designated clients' revenue
- Ensure effective communication of progress to targets both within Visa and with Clients'.
- Develop, maintain and cultivate close relationships with decision-makers and senior management of designated clients, partner companies, central banks and national banking associations.
- Understand their business strategies, priorities, needs and business processes, present to them strategic ideas and share Visa's views on industry developments and dynamics and advise them how Visa products can impact their results.
- Represent Visa to the clients by providing a point of contact to them, with permanent high quality support on the Visa organisation, products, systems and policies.
- Be the senior Visa representative at Forums and other national Member meetings, within designated countries
- Accountability for own customer satisfaction surveys
- Monitor the development of the banking and financial services industry across the region, analyse trends and understand factors impacting current and potential business results of designated clients.
- Maintain close contacts with national organisations and central banks within designated countries and be aware of any developments which could present a threat to Visa.
Management Accountability and Scope
- BD Leader plays a critical and strategic role in ensuring Visa Inc.'s strategic position in the market of West Africa within the space of issuance and acquiring.
- Provide business leadership to manage the overall strategic relationships with decision-makers at client banks, partner companies and with designated central banks and national banking associations in West Africa.
- To create a greater depth of awareness of the services of Visa International and the role that Visa plays in the banking industry with the objective of positioning Visa as the strategic and preferred business partner in designated markets within West Africa
- Ensure implementation of annual goals and plans for the region.
- Responsible for account planning and submission of product propositions to Clients for consideration.
- Recommend strategy for securing individual Client commercial agreements
- Manage ongoing level of Client support and manage internal and external visits by Visa staff and alliance partners with key Client personnel
- This individual will be expected to interact effectively will all levels of Visa management and staff. This position will involve frequent interaction and communication with key Visa stakeholders, including financial institutions, processors, agents, merchants and vendors