Job ID: 509390
Job Function: Retail Banking
Full/Part Time: Full time
Key Roles and Responsibilities
AML & CDD:
- Ensure that the Money Laundering requirements are followed as follows:
- Take all reasonable steps to verify and identify our customers
- Retain adequate records of identification, account opening and transactions
- Make prompt reports of suspicious transactions using the right internal channels
- Raise awareness of Money Laundering prevention by training all staff/attending training sessions
- Ensure that complete CDD and AML process is applied when selling , and opening the accounts,
Onboard NTB Business Clients:
- Onboard NTB potential clients with multiple product needs (e.g. BIL, BOD, Comm. Mort/LAP, TWC, Transaction Banking, High value CASA and/ or complex KYC processes)
- Engage NTB clients via leads sourced from sources like Supplier & Buyer ecosystem, Alliances, Targeted lists and Branch catchment with full range of BC products; Also handle client-led requests via ATL/online pull
- Ensures that the applications meet the required standard.
- Perform Dectica AOC checks (where applicable) on applications submitted for review.
- Ensure the anomalies / errors / omissions are attended to before submitting the application to Loan Centre for further review / processing.
Provide leadership to the Business Clients Acquisition team to carry out the following responsibilities:
Prepare & set up:
- Receive leads from leads management system - NTB from Ecosystem B2B Business Development (Buyers / Suppliers), BC Online/ BC Client Centre;
- Conduct research and preparation on client lead, and prepare bank proposition
- Prepare all documents (digital) required for account opening and pre-fill forms where possible
Sources of Leads:
- Suppliers / Buyers ecosystem
- Paid referrals
- Targeted Business lists (Paid databases, Events based lists, catchment specific lists)
- ATL/ Online
Call/meet, deep sell (in person):
- Call or meet in person (ensure Business Banking Team joins if high value client)
- Listen and determine further needs
- Communicate the proposition
- Acquire clients with anchor products
- Set up KYC needs with KYC centre
- Educate and conduct initial set up for online, ATMs, Client Centre, and Branch
NTB: On-board, Activate and pass on (remote):
- On-board, activate as per the 90 day plan
- Prepare and pass on Client into interacting with the bank via Online, Client Centre, Branch and possibly Business Banking Team if high value client
- Ask for referrals
Policies and Guideline
- To be familiar and comply with all relevant Group policies and local regulations in relation to all products.
- Ensure that all anti-money laundering / Know Your Customer (KYC) and Customer Due Diligence (CDD) guidelines are adhered to.
Anti money Laudering / KYC / CDD
Remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s effort in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to:
- Identifying your customer,
- Knowing your customer,
- Reporting suspicions,
- Safeguarding records and
- Not disclosing suspicions to customers.
Group Compliance Performance Objectives:
- Adherence to laws and regulations, internal risks and compliance policies and Group Code of Conduct
- Completion of all mandatory risk and compliance training including e-learning within stated timeframes
- Proactive identification of risks and concerns, including escalation to all relevant stakeholders
- Timely mitigation of risks and resolution of issues including collaboration with all relevant stakeholder functions, and establishment of effective controls.
- To participate and contribute in the upcoming projects of the department to ensure timely and smooth implementation
- Senior Relationship Managers, RMs and peers in Retail Clients
- Senior Managers, SBIM, BOMs and BOOs of all levels in the Business Units.
- Group Internal Audit
- The overall success of Retail Banking Nigeria.
Qualifications and Skills
Know How and Experience:
- Min of 5 years Sales experience in Business Banking/SME
- Good working knowledge of the bank’s operating systems.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Good working knowledge of the Bank's products and services.
- Good PC skills.
- Understanding of businesses and financials
- Enhanced multi-product BC knowledge
- Market and competition knowledge
- Presentation and soft skills tailored to engaging business owners
- Closing deals
- Communication and presentation skills
- Negotiation and objection handling
- Client training on digital solutions
- Understanding of BC KYC/CDD principles