- Ensuring that local Relationship Managers are trained to refer only those prospects which meet the criteria to become a Standard Chartered Bank Jersey (SCBJ), Priority Client
- Being the first point of contact for all referrals made to SCBJ
- Being able to assess the performance of the local RMs by keeping track of each referral and the success rate of these referrals (conversion rate)
- Ensure that pitches and follow-ups to prospective clients are consistent (CEMs is correctly used)
- Driving AUM growth in Jersey by targeting clients' existing offshore funds held with a competitor bank and generating new business that is both high value and high quality and does not cannibalize onshore Priority Banking deposits / investments (clients with international wealth and banking needs)
- Being able to build own network in each country – through personal knowledge and experience
- Ability to provide an appropriate level of information (regarding services offered by SCBJ) required by a prospective client
- To actively promote SCB Jersey to prospective clients.
Interface with local Relationship Managers (“RMs) for:
- Prospect Management - handle all referrals from locally based RMs for their clients who are interested in offshore banking
- Pre-approval of prospects - ensure prospects being referred meet PIC Jersey criteria
- Feedback on prospects/applications - ensure that all business is accurately tracked and monitored. Feedback to be given to local RM (responsible for referral) on unsuccessful applications
- Obtaining some initial KYC information and documentation before account opening pack is sent to Jersey
- Involved in arrangement of client/local network events
- Collateral co-ordination in markets covered (e.g. desk drops, "oody"bags for local RMs, desk top calendars, etc.)
- Continual training for local branches and local RMs (on Offshore Bank offering, calibre of prospects, etc)
- Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with all group in-country staff to encourage offshore referrals
- Arrange client/local network meetings along with Team Leader Acquisition where necessary (i.e. when Team Leader Acquisition /Senior SCBJ personnel are in country)
- Carry out prospecting activity through all available channels; i.e. Face to face meetings, group presentations, telephone, marketing communications, third party introducers.
- New AuM raised of USDXm+
- X NTB client accounts annually (X new accounts to be opened per month)
- Conversion rate of 1 NTB client for every 3 prospect meetings held
- Reduction in time taken to get an account opened (client experience)
- Reduction in account application rejection rates (Zero)
- Reduction in time taken for NTB clients to begin funding their new account
- Reduction in time taken for NTB clients to make their first investment (within 3 months of account being funded). This will be done by ensuring each new client is made aware of services offered by SCBJ
- Introduce two/three referral agents each year (lawyer/accountant/expat relocation agent, etc.) to Regional Market Manager for the region covered
- Proven track record of sales activity
- Strong presentation skills
- Positive customer service mentality
- Planning and organizational skills
- Relationship building skills
- Strong interpersonal skills & communication skills.
- Ability to deal with people at all levels.
- Sound knowledge of banking products and services and banking procedures.
- Team player who shows initiative and assertiveness.
- Self-motivator who is keen to upgrade and improve personal knowledge and skill to meet the job requirement.
- High level of integrity and professionalism