- Builds market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.
- Proactively initiate and engage sales calls to new prospects.
- Make cold calls as appropriate within the market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company's practice leaders/principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work with a team to develop proposals that speak to the client's needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions and differentiators.